St Martins Church, Billborough, Nottingham
Interpretive planning and design
HLF Round 2 application completed November 2014, approved
Overall budget £2m – Interpretation budget £50k
St Martin’s is Bilborough’s only surviving medieval building. In March 2014 we were appointed to develop an HLF Round 2 application for The Hidden Treasures project at St Martins Church, Billborough. . The successful application included stories around ‘Lovers and Plumbers’ Victorian couples and roofing lead-workers who left their initials and marks in the roof of St. Martins Church.
The project additionally revealed and restored Evelyn Gibbs’ Annunciation Murals, painted in 1946, which had been hidden in the 1970s by a false ceiling and layers of emulsion paint.